[Xen-devel] RE: latest xen-unstable fails to boot on Dell D630 (likely hpet/Cstate problem)

  • To: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Yu, Ke" <ke.yu@xxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-Devel (E-mail)" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Zhang, Xiantao" <xiantao.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:43:37 +0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:44:12 -0800

Dan,
Don't use Cset20073 for testing separately, since it needs two minor fixes
check-ined by the Cset #20093 and #20149.  Except this, Keir also has a typo in
Cset #20076 fixed by Cset #20092. In addition, one serious issue is also
introduced in #Cset20084 which is fixed in Cset #20140.  I remembered Pod also
has issues which can crash hypervisor before Cset #20100. Thus, it is too hard
to identify this issue through bisect before #Cset20149, since these issues are
introduced and fixed crossedly.   Certainly, if you want to test Cset #20073,
you at least have to apply the Cset#20093 and #20149 on top of it.  :)
Xiantao