[Xen-devel] Grub2 on Xen PV

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Ferenc Wagner <wferi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 16:57:01 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 15 May 2009 07:57:34 -0700

Hi,

Let me start a new thread for this.  I contacted the Grub people, and
they seem more interested in creating a native Xen port of Grub than
piggybacking the Mini-OS environment usin kexec as I tried.  But they
need some documentation on the Xen "firmware" to assess the task at
least.  What could be given to them apart from hvc_xen.c and
xen-blkfront.c in the Linux sources?  blkif-drivers-explained.txt?

For a start, Grub has a Coreboot port, which is ELF, but the Xen 3.2
domain builder refuses to load it saying:

xc_dom_parse_elf_kernel: ELF image has no shstrtab
--
Thanks,
Feri.