Re: [Xen-devel] [Q] about clock_gettime accuracy on i386(&x86_64).

Hi,

I solve previous question, but other problem occured.
My question is CLOCK_MONOTONIC is available on PV-guest/x86.

CONFIG_GENERIC_TIME is off for current PV-kernel(i386).
In this case, directly calls do_gettimeofday.
This causes the problem for Xen.
do_gettimeofday is not MONOTONIC.
this causes clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC,&tp) is not monotomic.

Is there any plan to solve this problem?

I attached the test program for 2CPU case (like Core2Duo).

Anyway, the reason for tick changes is that
getnstimeofday()  changes between Native and PV-guest.

In PV kernel, just calls do_gettimeofday.(it causes tickness microsecond.)
But In Native Linux Kernel, CONFIG_GENERIC_TIME is on.
The function(getnstimeofday()) has an accuracy of nanoseconds at most.

Thanks
Atsushi SAKAI