Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.20.3 to be the next kernel?

> > So, its all a bit of an open question.
>
> Oh, I meant to say, the UNSW/Gelato folks have been proposing a more
> abstracted pagetable interface which should hide all the architectural
> details of the pagetable from the core kernel.  That's probably the
> right way to go to make PAE/non-PAE runtime switchable (their actual
> goal is to make efficient use of the myriad ia64 pagetable modes, which
> makes PAE rather trivial by comparison).  But I don't know what the
> state of those patches is - I don't think they've been posted in a while.

Mmmmm.  I was actually about to mention those patches too.  They seem like
they'd be the cleanest solution to this, actually, if they were ever
accepted.

If anyone every wanted to do something really crazy like a 32/64 dual mode
kernel, I guess this would also be the way to go.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!