RE: [solved] Re: [Xen-devel] Set cpu_weight and cpu_cap at boot time

  • To: "Volker Badziong" <volker.badziong@xxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:18:16 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 07:17:13 -0700

Just like a system reboot is not exactly the same as powerdown and power
up, restart just WARM RESTARTS the guest - so it essentially just tells
the guest to start over from scratch. So it uses the stored
configuration of the guest, rather than re-reading the guest config
[note that a guest configuration isn't necessarily a file - you can
specify every single component as a command-line argument to the "xm
create" command, so "xm create" actually stores all the values given to
it, and any updates are also changing the stored values].

So they are not and can not be exactly the same.

--
Mats