RE: [Xen-devel] [VTD][patch 0/5] HVM device assignment using vt-d

>How do you plan to provide interrupts sharing with your method exactly?
>Please provide your thoughts.
>
>Thanks,
>Guy.

I agree with others' comments about MSI would be the ultimate solution.
In the short term, a simple stop gap meausre might be to check the
interrupt status bit in device's PCI config before delivering it
to the guest.  I found interrupt sharing with low interrupt device
such as non-storage USB is not much a problem.

It is a problem when sharing the interrupt with high freqency interrupt
devices such as SATA. The problem I encountered was the xen tried to
deliver interrupt to the guest before the guest was fully ready to
accept interrupts.

Allen