Re: [Xen-devel] unstable build broken again

Keir Fraser wrote:

On 24 May 2005, at 14:59, Mike Wray wrote:

We just checked in a few fixes to the xcutils/Makefile, but none are intended to fix the above error. I don't see how make can be missing xc_restore.o as a prerequisite for xc_restore: very odd.

I get a different error now:

Different error, same cause. :-)

As I said, it's very odd (maybe a bug in some versions of make), but anyway: I think the fix I just checked in ought to get things working for you again.

I think the problem is that the Makefile uses $(eval) - it's
not in the info for my version of make, and make being the way it
is it will evaluate to nothing (silently). So the expanded
program template doesn't set up the dependencies and the link
has no files to link.

Mike