Re: [Xen-devel] ac_timer: time to say goodbye?

On 23 May 2005, at 20:59, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) wrote:

Should ac_timer be removed and replaced by a lighter weight
mechanism, or at least its use deprecated?

What's heavyweight about it? We can maybe slim down the interface a little, but we need a mechanism for managing at least an alarm timeout per vcpu. I don't imagine anyhting much simpler than ac_timer would really fit the bill.

 -- Keir