Re: [Xen-devel] asterisk, ztdummy, and usb (and HZ = 100 under xen ???)

On 20 May 2005, at 02:54, James Harper wrote:

The x86 arch sets the kernel internal timer to 1000HZ by default, but
xen seems to set it to 100HZ (2.4 default).

The ztdummy driver makes the assumption that under 2.6, HZ = 1000, but
this isn't the case under xen which is probably the cause of all my
problems.

Is there a problem with me changing this, or is there a dynamic way to
change this???

Having HZ differ between Xen and a guest doesn't really matter that much. The guest will get fewer upcalls than it expects, but it will count ten ticks for each upcall. So I doubt that thsi is your problem. Does ztdummy use the rtc driver? I'm not sure how weel we support that on Xen...

 -- Keir