RE: [Xen-devel] [patch] more correct pfn_valid()

Thanks for guide. That's really a way to differentiate normal memory and
machine memory used for device. After searching the source tree, yes, if
all drivers conform to this convention (should be), low level pci-dma
interface can adjust guest pfn -> machine pfn mapping to promise
contiguous requirement in machine address layer, and also 4G limitation
for old DMA driver on new platform.

But, this only handles the difference between machine memory and
'physical' memory, not the one between "physical' memory and machine
MMIO space. If 'physical' memory is kept continuous whatever memory size
is, there'll be some overlap with machine MMIO space anyway. But since
your careful design can promise no confusion, then let it since there're
already many mixed knowledge in dear paravirtualized domain. :)

Thanks,
Kevin