Re: [Xen-devel] linux/arch/xen/i386 or linux/arch/i386/xen

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 09:47:48AM -0700, Chris Wright wrote:
> * Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) (dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx) wrote:
> > Um, one other minor semantic issue.  The semantics of
> > using mach-xxx may be inappropriate.  If my understanding
> > is correct, two mach-xxx's cannot both be built, e.g. one
> > cannot build a kernel which supports (for i386) both
> > mach-es7000 and mach-voyager.
>
> Yes, I had thought about this.  It's not clear to me it's problematic yet.

I guess it could be, as if I understood correctly Keir's later post, we
would like to run on other subarch.

> The primary goal is to avoid code duplication to keep maintenance sane.
> Clean way to do that is what really matters.

indeed.

> > xen generic code in         drivers/xen/core/
>
> yup (although no need for core/ subdir)

there's already some directories in drivers/xen/ for xen's drivers.
so keeping core/ would probably be clearer.

--
Vincent Hanquez