RE: [Xen-devel] linux/arch/xen/i386 or linux/arch/i386/xen

> > OK with me, but will that be as hard to get by the Linux community
> > as linux/xen for the generic C code?  If so, maybe
> > include/asm-generic/xen/file.h?
>
> Shouldn't be an issue.
>
> > > That's part of sub-arch (this just needs to get include
> order right).
> >
> > So for example include/asm-ia64/xen/file.h?
>
> Yup, basically (s/xen/mach-xen/).
>
> > Also, what about arch-specific C code?  Hopefully this
> > will be minimized in drivers (by handling arch-specific
> > features with macros) but for most of the other xen-specific
> > files (e.g. setup.c) there will almost certainly need to
> > be arch-specific subdirectories...
> >
> > So drivers/xen/arch/ia64/file.c or
> > drivers/xen/ia64/file.c or ??
>
> Arch specific code should be in sub-arch.

Be aware that some linux arch's don't use subarch's or the
mach-xxx syntax.  This latter appears to be limited to i386,
arm, mips and a couple others.  I don't understand the difference
well enough to know if this will matter in the long run,
but it might be worth checking/discussing with a maintainer
of one of the "other" arch's (e.g. ia64).

Dan