Re: [Xen-devel] Xenophilia Release

Anthony

> My first question is why create a specialized distribution?  Is there
> any direct benefit other than ease of use?

Ease of use is the big benefit of a specialized distribution.  We're
planning on adding kickstart support using the udeb's that Ubuntu wrote
that will allow for quick mass installations though.

> This is neat!  Can you explain the "talks http" a little more?  Does it
> communicate with remote Xend's via Xend's HTTP interface or does it
> export it's own management protocol via http?

Currently it talks via Xend's http interface.  We have been thinking
implenting a new protocol that has some ideas of state though as this
would make for a much more user friendly experience.

Thanks for the feedback

Mike McCabe