From: "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Miao Feng" <miaofeng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 11:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Re: Install paravirtualized drivers after
bootingforhigh-performance IO

>     As i recognized, paravirtulization is an implemention of high
> performence virtulization in non-VT box, pure virtulization needs no
> modification on guest os, but paravirtulization do needs. Is that right?

Yes, that's all correct.

>     If so, guest os on VT cpu will provide no paravirtulization?

A fully virtualised environment will be available for guests on a VT CPU, so
they won't *need* any modifications in order to run.  However, for good IO
performance, you're likely to want to install Xen-aware device drivers which
will be compatible with the existing frontend/backend scheme.

Other fully virtualised environments (e.g. VMWare) also sometimes provide
higher-performance drivers that are aware of the environment.  In Xen's case
we have Xen-aware drivers already but they need to be adapted to run in a VT
virtual machine

HTH,
Mark