[Xen-devel] Re: access to Xen control tools CVS

Harry Butterworth wrote:
Mike, I tried the wiki instructions to get access to your cvs repository
but they didn't work:

harry@vaughan:~/Xen/Wray$ export CVS_RSH="/usr/bin/ssh"
harry@vaughan:~/Xen/Wray$ export
CVS_ROOT=":ext:anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Nuts. I left :/var/cvs off the end. Will update the wiki.
Should be:

CVS_ROOT=":ext:anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/var/cvs"

harry@vaughan:~/Xen/Wray$ cvs co -c
cvs checkout: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
cvs [checkout aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.
harry@vaughan:~/Xen/Wray$ export
CVSROOT=":ext:anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
harry@vaughan:~/Xen/Wray$ cvs co -c
cvs checkout: CVSROOT requires a path spec:
cvs checkout: :(gserver|kserver|
pserver):[[user][:password]@]host[:[port]]/path
cvs checkout: [:(ext|server):][[user]@]host[:]/path
cvs [checkout aborted]: Bad CVSROOT: `:ext:anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'.
harry@vaughan:~/Xen/Wray$ export
CVSROOT=":ext:anoncvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/"
harry@vaughan:~/Xen/Wray$ cvs co -c
Password:
Cannot access //CVSROOT
No such file or directory
harry@vaughan:~/Xen/Wray$

Looks like I'm missing the path to your repository. What is it?

Mike