RE: [Xen-devel] recent major -unstable changes cause ia64 build to be broken

  • To: <Christian.Limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:50:52 -0700
  • Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:50:42 +0000

> yes, except see above...  Could you check if including xen/mm.h in
> ia64's apic.c file (only ia64 file including slab.h directly) and
> including it at the end of xen/sched.h (before xen/slab.h gets
> included) would be sufficient?  xen/sched.h is a #include-mess anyway,
> so I'd rather add it there than in the now clean xen/slab.h...

Good idea, but no it doesn't work.  I'm at a loss to explain exactly
why, but I played with it quite a bit (e.g. putting it at the beginning
of sched.h right after the include of xen/config.h) and none of
the attempts compile.

These multi-level include dependencies are very touchy...

If you want, I can set you up with the cross-compiler and
you can play with it a bit.  That might be a good idea anyway
if more "cleanup" is planned.

Note that linux/include/linux/slab.h has many includes (though
none of them are mm.h).  What is your goal of "cleaning up"?

Thanks,
Dan