Re: [Xen-devel] recent major -unstable changes cause ia64 build to be broken

On 10 May 2005, at 20:16, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) wrote:

It looks like the recent changes to update
to base off of 2.6.11 rather than 2.4 has badly
broken the ia64 build.  I'm still looking to figure
out exactly what is wrong but it doesn't look easy.

The most pertinent changes are:
 1. Upgrade ACPI common code from Linux 2.6.11
 2. Remove PCI code

There are a few others (e.g., starting slowly to move to Linux's cpumask_t), but I think they are unlikely to be difficult to fix for. Certainly they have resulted in very few changes to files in include/xen.

Change (1) ought not to be too difficult to fix for ia64 as most of your code is 2.6-based already. I just pulled the 2.6.11 x86-specific acpi source files into Xen and tweaked them a very small amount to get them to build.

Change (2) is also likely very easy, since you say you leave most hardware setup to domain0 anyway. I doubt you need to do PCI enumeration or scanning in Xen itself? Culling you in-Xen PCI code entirely is probably the best way forward.

 -- Keir