Re: [Xen-devel] semantics of GETDOMAININFO

On 8 May 2005, at 22:39, Kip Macy wrote:

One of the things that I've always thought was weird, but didn't pay
too close attention to is the fact that GETDOMAININFO will return a
valid result even if we give it a domid that is no longer valid.
Looking at the code we get back the first valid domain after the domid
we pass in.

What is the reason for this design choice? When I request the
attributes of a process I don't get the attributes for the next pid up
with a pid field set to the process id of the process I actually got
the attributes for.

Easy enumeration when we don't know which domain id's are in use. There are other ways to allow for enumeration that might be neater.

 -- Keir