[Xen-API] 2018 Xen Project Developer and Design Summit: CfP open from now to April 13, Event is held June 20-22, 2018 in Nanjing, China

Dear Community Members,

I am excited to announce that registration and the call for
proposals is open for Xen Project Developer and Design
Summit 2018. The event will be held in at the Crowne Plaza
Nanjing, China from June 20-22, 2018. The Xen Project
Developer and Design Summit will follow the same format
as last year combining Xen Project Developer Summits with
Xen Project Hackathons. We will have talks in the mornings
and smaller interactive design and problem solving sessions
in the afternoon.

Note that the CfP period is quite short: if you need extra
time, or you otherwise have difficulties with the CfP please
contact me via community.manager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Submit a Talk
=============

Several formats are being accepted for speaking proposals,
including:

* Presentations and Panels: these are presentations and
 panels as we always had them at Developer Summits in the
 past.
* Interactive design and problem solving sessions. These
 sessions can be submitted as part of the CFP, but we will
 reserve a number of design sessions to be allocated during
 the event. Proposers of design sessions are expected to
 host and moderate design sessions following the format we
 have used at Xen Project Hackathons.

If you have not participated in these in the past, check
out past event reports from 2018
* https://xen.markmail.org/thread/hs6gpgjbbx2smadn
 (Notes from PCI Passthrough design discussion at Xen Summit)
* https://markmail.org/thread/7e2mdpimvrmsppq5
 (Notes Design Session: Making Releases Lessons Learned:
  Improving Our Release Process and Tooling)
* https://xen.markmail.org/thread/37annnvm7wwygr4j
 (Notes from Design Summit Hypervisor Fuzzing Session)

Never talked at a conference before? Don’t worry! We encourage
new speakers to submit for our events and have plenty of
resources to help you prepare for your presentation.

Here are some dates to remember for submissions and in
general:

* CFP Close: April 13, 2018
* CFP Notifications: April 30, 2018
* Schedule Announced: May 3, 2018
* Event: June 20-22, 2018

Links to the CfP are at:
https://www.lfasiallc.com/events/xensummit2018/program/cfp/
https://www.lfasiallc.com/events/xensummit2018/program/cfp-designsessions/

Note that each link goes to the same back-end: the main
difference between the two links are the instructions.

Registration
============

Registration information is available at
https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=2239305

Travel stipends are only available for students or individuals
that are not associated with a company.

Accommodation and other information
===================================

General information about the event can be found on
https://www.lfasiallc.com/events/xensummit2018/

Note that the following information is not yet in place: we
will add this shortly
- hotel block booking information

Travel
======
Most international flights to Nanjing will go via Beijing or
Shanghai. There are non-stop flights from many Asian cities,
as well as Frankfurt (Lufthansa), Milan (Neos) and Los Angeles
(China Eastern). It is also possible to take a flight to
Shanghai and then a bullet train from Shanghai Hongqiao to
Nanjing South (G trains take about 1h15 - 1h30). If you want
to take up this option, drop me a line. I have done this many
times before.

If you have any questions, please contact me via
community.manager@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best Regards
Lars