Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-devel] [RFC] Unicore Subproject Proposal

Hi Anil,

>From a MirageOS perspective, we'd be happy to switch to something that
>can give us just enough MiniOS for our ocaml-freestanding [1] code to
>boot on Xen.  One requirement from our side is that we need to strip down
>MiniOS to remove even the C xenstore implementation, since we have pure
>OCaml gnt, xenstore and device driver implementations.

This sounds like a good, reasonable target, and it wouldn’t be the first
time we create guests without xenstore code (as presented by team members
in the last Xen summit and as explained in an upcoming SOSP paper).

>  We'd be happy to try out an alpha Unicore and let you know what is in
>excess to our needs as soon as you have something to publish.

That would be great.

>So full support from MirageOS for this initiative!

Thanks for the support!

— Felipe