Re: [Xen-API] Urgent: Cleaning up project list in preparation for GSoc and the next Outreachy round

Hi all,

Just to let you know, I created a combined landing page for the next Outreachy and GSoC rounds at http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Outreachy/Round12%2B2016GSoC
I will be chasing owners of projects to see whether these are still applicable. And of course new projects are also welcome. Please add them to the respective pages, or propose them against this thread.

Also, for Hypervisor projects, I created http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Outreachy/Hypervisor which still has to be populated based on suggestions from past mentors. What we agreed on, is to add
a) Some blurb on HW recommendations and how to check and then to get back to the project owner with a log to make sure the applicant has the hardware to work on the correct project
a.1) What is unresolved due to uncertainty of general viability and debugging issues, is whether we should recommend nested virt as a development environment (either locally, or in a VM that the project could get for an applicant)
b) A test that checks whether an applicant has been able to build xen from source and run xen: the idea is to ask them to insert a debug statement into the code and then provide the log as proof. This seems to have been one of the big hurdles for many applicants, that have struggled
c) More information on what to ask for in terms of bite-size projects

Best Regards
Lars