Re: [Xen-API] Building for cubieboard4 with vanilla linux/linaro

> On 9 Jun 2015, at 13:42, Nick Betteridge <buzzheavyyear@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Just found the liblwt-ocaml_2.4.5.orig.tar bug:
>
> edit file : buildroot/SPECS/ocaml-lwt.spec and insert the following as the
> first entry under %changelog
>

> [%changelog]
> * Mon May 12 2014 David Scott <dave.scott@xxxxxxxxxx> - 2.4.8-1
> - Update to 2.4.8
>
> [* Sun May 11 2014 David Scott <dave.scott@xxxxxxxxxx> - 2.4.5-1
> - Update to 2.4.5]

oops — feel free to send a pull request!

> This now continues but I then hit:
>

> dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
> dpkg-source: info: building liblwt-ocaml using existing
> ./liblwt-ocaml_2.4.8.orig.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: info: building liblwt-ocaml in liblwt-ocaml_2.4.8-1.debian.tar.gz
> dpkg-source: info: building liblwt-ocaml in liblwt-ocaml_2.4.8-1.dsc
>  debian/rules build
> dh build --with ocaml --with python2
>    dh_testdir
>    dh_ocamlinit
>     sed  -e 's%@OCamlABI@%4.01.0%g' -e 's%@OCamlStdlibDir@%/usr/lib/ocaml%g'
> -e 's%@OCamlDllDir@%/usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs%g' -e 's/^OPT: //' -e '/^BYTE:
> /d' -e 's/^DYN: //' debian/liblwt-ocaml.install.in >
> debian/liblwt-ocaml.install
>     sed  -e 's%@OCamlABI@%4.01.0%g' -e 's%@OCamlStdlibDir@%/usr/lib/ocaml%g'
> -e 's%@OCamlDllDir@%/usr/lib/ocaml/stublibs%g' -e 's/^OPT: //' -e '/^BYTE:
> /d' -e 's/^DYN: //' debian/liblwt-ocaml-dev.install.in >
> debian/liblwt-ocaml-dev.install
>     touch ocamlinit-stamp
>    debian/rules override_dh_auto_build
> make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/liblwt-ocaml-2.4.8'
> debian/build.sh
> ocamlfind: Package `bytes' not found
> W: Field 'pkg_bytes' is not set: Command ''/usr/bin/ocamlfind' query -format
> %d bytes > '/tmp/oasis-676905.txt'' terminated with error code 2
> E: Cannot find findlib package bytes
> E: Failure("1 configuration error")
> make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/liblwt-ocaml-2.4.8'
> ocamlopt.opt -o setup.exe setup.ml || ocamlopt -o setup.exe setup.ml ||
> ocamlc -o setup.exe setup.ml
> rm -f setup.cmx setup.cmi setup.o setup.obj setup.cmo
> ./setup.exe -configure
> ocamlfind: Package `bytes' not found
> W: Field 'pkg_bytes' is not set: Command ''/usr/bin/ocamlfind' query -format
> %d bytes > '/tmp/oasis-e7da27.txt'' terminated with error code 2
> E: Cannot find findlib package bytes
> E: Failure("1 configuration error")
> make[2]: *** [setup.data] Error 1
>

> - bytes is only included with ocaml 4.02 and later - this is being compiled
> with 4.01, I think.
>
> Could anyone tell be how to change buildroot to use 4.02?

There’s another way — a virtual “bytes” package is included in later versions
of ocamlfind for use by older OCamls IIRC. So you could either upgrade
ocamlfind or ocaml.

Where are you getting your ocamlfind and ocaml from?

Cheers,
Dave