Re: [Xen-API] Problem while resuming VM

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 09:29:16AM +0000, Ronald Liu wrote:
> Thx for the reply.
> I did try your methods.And still got the same internal error. Here is the
> code after adding start/stop routine
>
> if (!xen_vm_hard_shutdown(session,
> task.target_vm->vm)){xen_session_clear_error(session);}
> if (!xen_vm_revert(session, task.target_vm->current_snapshot->ref)){res =
> 1;break;}
> if (!xen_vm_resume(session, task.target_vm->vm, false, true)){res=2;}
> if (res==2){
> xen_session_clear_error(session);
> if (!xen_vm_hard_shutdown(session,
> task.target_vm->vm)){xen_session_clear_error(session);}
> if (!xen_vm_start(session,
> task.target_vm->vm,false,true)){xen_session_clear_error(session);}
> if (!xen_vm_hard_shutdown(session,
> task.target_vm->vm)){xen_session_clear_error(session);}
> }
> if (!xen_vm_revert(session, task.target_vm->current_snapshot->ref)){res =
> 1;break;}
> if (!xen_vm_resume(session, task.target_vm->vm, false, true)){res=2;break;}
>
> Did I do something wrong?
> PS: I failed to find any error-raiseing code in xapi_xenops.ml:Line 2093 on
> the master branch in Github. How can I find out which version(commit) of
> the XAPI source code is corresponding to the one running on my Xenserver?

The code can be found by way of here:
https://github.com/xenserver/xen-api/releases

going to the XS65 release tag gets us here:
https://github.com/xenserver/xen-api/blob/3e4e56e61ee5eb107c4087f6b7cbb9ef9242d1bc/ocaml/xapi/xapi_xenops.ml#L2093

which is unfortunately a bit unhelpful. The upshot is that the VM has
probably died very quickly after resuming. Any idea why that might happen?

Jon