Re: [Xen-API] xen + xapi + xencenter

Hi Dave,
Thx for your reply! I have checked all the tips you provided and indeed I think there's a firewall in between.
I didn't have a valid mode for pif-configure-ip.. it was set to "none". Still I don't think it was the main issue.
I was trying to access my servers via Windows with XenCenter. To try it out, I installed the openxenmanager at the server and ran the GUI via X11. It could reach add/reach the hypervisor just fine!

Time to douple check the firewall rules.

Thx again!

Best,
Renato.

> On 8 Jan 2015, at 13:17, Renato Fontana <skyrenato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone!
>
> I have installed xen via apt-get (xen-hypervisor-4.1), added xapi toolstack and installed xencenter to manage my servers remotely. Is this setup ok? As far as I know, xencenter uses xapi to access the hypervisors..but I can't get it to connect. I'm receiving a "the connection was refused" after I try to connect/add servers. Any advice ?

Iâd check the simple stuff first: is stunnel listening on port 443 and xapi on port 80? If so then it might be a firewall rule problem.

It could be that xapi hasnât got a configured âmanagement interfaceâ.

If âxe pif-listâ is empty, then you could populate it by running âxe pif-scan host-uuid=<my host uuid>â (use âxe host-listâ to see the host uuids)

Make sure that at least one of the âpifsâ (i.e. physical interfaces) has an IP address configuration e.g. with

xe pif-configure-ip uuid=â mode=dhcp

Make sure that at least one of the âpifsâ has the âmanagementâ flag set. If âxe pif-list management=trueâ is empty then try

xe host-management-reconfigure pif-uuid=â

Good luck!

Dave