[Xen-API] XAPI create PV (para-virtualized) Ubuntu guest 14.04

  • From: Dawid Kowalski <dkadds2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 02:17:38 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 01:17:53 +0000

Hi Guys,

Could any of you point me to how to create PV guest with minimal filesystem consumption?

I've update template for Ubuntu 14.04 following http://www.mikeslab.net/?p=222

But I have no idea how to create PV system from CLI.

I've created VM using Xen Orchestra and it seems to be PV system based on parameters however XO forced me to use ISO image or URL. I've chosen ISO but while it still installs it took already 1.4GB of disk space for minimal installation.

Is this the way it should be or there is some minimalistic approach?

Thanks,
Dawid