[Xen-API] [XEN-API] VCPUs-params:mask question

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the VCPUs-params:mask option in xe.
From what I can tell from this citrix support article is that it pins the vcpu to a certain physical cpu core.

Now I was wondering if let's say vcpu 1 is pinned to core #1, does that mean no other vcpu can make use of core #1, or could it (hypothetically) be the case that another vcpu is currently running on core #1 so that vcpu 1 can't use it, while other physical cores are idle?

Another semi related question:
How are the cores numbered when using an AMD FX processor (let's say the FX8350 octacore)?
Since each module of 2 cores share a FPU, it would be nice to pin 2 vcpu's of the same guest to 1 module.
But I'm not sure how the cores/modules are presented to xenserver... So I'm not sure if it's ok to assume core #1 and #2 are from the same module.

Kind regards,
Marien