Re: [Xen-API] RRD library (was Re: Proposal to change committers for the XAPI Project)

On 2 Jun 2014, at 18:23, John Else <john.else@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hadn't, but I think that could be made to work. At the moment the protocols
> expect the shared-memory resource to be represented as a cstruct so it would
> need a bit of tweaking to work with a socket-style interface instead.

Actually thinking about it, I think a Cstruct interface is all you need, since
vchan provides this too.

A socket interface would somewhat defeat the point of an RRD service due to all
the copies and allocation to read/write data from it...

-anil