Re: [Xen-API] Intel CQM feature enabling in XenAPI

Hi Bob,

> This sounds like it could be heading down a rabbit hole, trying to get
> xenserver-core building from XAPI trunk.  If I remember correctly, the current
> issue is that you need to take a newer ocaml-xcp-idl.
>
> I've made a number of changes which I suspect you may need at
> https://github.com/BobBall/xenserver-core/commit/73ad5a198e8a68ab399f8c
> 2a07e440e2fc7121f2.  Note that these changes are to enable us to build from
> master of all repositories on a daily basis (e.g. the RPM version numbers will
> contain the build date).  If that's not your intention, you may need to modify
> the patch to suit your needs.

I guess I have to use newest master code of xapi to add new feature into xapi.
So you mean I should download your this commit and patch into master of
xenserver-core project?

> Some of these are to make things build with Ocaml 4.0.1 as XAPI now depends
> on 4.1 which is not available in any distribution.

I just checked ocaml version on CentOS, and noticed it is 4.00.1. You mean
current master of XAPI depends on 4.1, and if we use your patch XAPI will can
be built successfully with 4.00.1, right?

> I do not claim that these changes are all that are needed; I have not finished
> my investigations into building from master and I'll be getting back to it
> soon I
> hope.

Thanks for your feedback, I will try and tell you the result.

Thanks,
Qiaowei