Re: [Xen-API] Debugging XAPI daemon crash

Hi Ranjeet,

That makes sense.

I guess the same would apply to the ifa_netmask field. The following lines
would blow up if it is NULL:

        netmask = tmp->ifa_netmask;
        [...]
                netmaskstr = alloc_addr(netmask);

because alloc_addr will try to access netmask->sa_family.

So to be on the safe side, I think we should check for this as well. I think
defensive coding is the right way (I hate segfaults)!

For the purpose of the stub_if_addr function, I think it is sufficient to wrap
the existing if-block with "if (sock && netmask)". This assumes that we always
want both the address and the netmask, and we ignore the interface if either is
undefined.

The master branch for this code is here (since we split it off from
xen-api-libs):
https://github.com/xapi-project/netdev/blob/master/lib/addr_stubs.c. If you'd
like to submit a pull request there (as well as keeping the fix in your
development branch on clearwater), that would be great.

Thanks,
Rob