Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-devel] Prepping for GSOC 2014 [URGENT] - deadline Feb 14 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 09:34 -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

> >       * Parallel xenwatch
> >
> >         Bit sparse on details, GSOC == unknown
>
> That would still be nice. It came from talking to Matt from Amazon. He
> was saying that having only one xenwatch thread slows things down for
> a medium to big server with lots of guests. Making multiple
> xenwatch threads to process XenBus requests in parallel would be
> a good improvement.

Would need to be careful about exposing cases of insufficient locking in
the existing code.

> >       * Microcode uploader implementation
> >
> >         Done I think?
>
> <nods>

Nuked

> >       * Performance tools overhaul
> >
> >         Bit vague. And has some of this been done?
>
> I can't remember what that is.

OK, I nuked it -- a new project can always be added if you remember what
it was.

> >       * "Upstream bugs"
> >
> >         There were 4 of these, dating back to 2012, I don't think this
> >         list is a good place to track bugs and it seems like at least
> >         some of them are now obsolete. So I've nuked the lot. If they
> >         are still relevant I think it would be best to get them into the
> >         bug tracker.
>
> OK, lets nuke them.

Done.

> We could also add the:
>
> VCPUOP_register_vcpu_time_memory_area support in Linux upstream kernel.
>
> MSI multi-vector for Linux upstream kernel.
>
> Thought those are mostly just putting pieces together and repost them
> so no "new" development.

Not really suitable for this list then IMHO.