[Xen-API] How to enable blkio cgroup in xenserver

Hi Devops,

I'm trying to figure out a way to enable blkio cgroup in xenserver as per https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/cgroups/blkio-controller.txt

Xenserver 6.1 linux-xen kernel has support for CGROUP but to my surprise CONFIG_BLK_CGROUP looks to be removed & CGROUP is not enabled at all. There is also no source related to blkio in src/block/Kconfig however I was able to recompile and install-test kernel with CONFIG_CGROUPS=yes.

Can anyone help out about how this can be added ? Is it okay to add relative source files in src/block/ and update the Kconfig to recompile and try ?

Xenserver seriously lacks behind without VM Disk QoS control like in VmWare or HyperV2012, CGROUP seems the right way to do it unless there is another option.

Regards,
Rushikesh