Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-devel] Testing for the Xen Project

Ian,

I think that is a good assessment and thanks for pointing out some gaps in my understanding. So to summarize: * We have some local test suites which could be run, but are probably not as they are poorly documented * We expect people to do some targetted local testing (presumably performed in a manual manner) of the features they developed and of those which may be impacted. Bt we don't actually always know whether they do.
* osstest (or system testing in general) is *extremely* valuable
* building out the infrastructure for system testing (aka number and diversity of boxes) would be extremely valuable - this really means funding hardware, hosting and sysadmin time * It might also be worth considering spending some money kickstarting the actual tests (i.e. fleshing out the suites)
* *Test on demand* would be a nice long term goal
* Some members of the community are intending to make OSSTest more accessible by improving docs and sharing their experience * At a minimum it ought to be possible to allow access to any employee of, a project member, since we have the opportunity through the membership, process to put whatever paperwork and agreements (acceptable use etc) in place.

Lars