Re: [Xen-API] XenServer + libvirt + Ceph

On 10/25/2013 09:08 PM, Jonathan Gowar wrote:
> [root@pp-xen-dev ~]# VMUUID=$(xe vm-install new-name-label="CentOS6"
> template=${TMPLUUID})
> The SR has no attached PBDs
> sr: aa7f4079-de6e-ffa8-ed94-d710885ca3c6 (ceph)

Find the PBDs associated with the SR:

  xe sr-list uuid=aa7f4079-de6e-ffa8-ed94-d710885ca3c6 params=all

List PBD from the SR's "PBDs" field:

  xe pbd-list uuid=<pbd-uuid> params=all

Look for the 'currently-attached' field, which should be 'true', but is
probably 'false' for you.

I encountered a problem like this because the default start-up order of
some of the services was incorrect, and daemons were dying.  After
restarting the daemons and issuing a 'xe pbd-plug uuid=<pbd-uuid>',
everything started working.  Not sure if this is your problem, since I
hadn't discovered the virsh interface by then.

The dead daemons were ffs, squeezed, xenopsd-libvirt, xenopsd-xc,
xenopsd-xenlight (not all of these are needed or responsible for this
problem).  After their init start order was switched to 97, they started
up after boot with no problems, and the pbd came up
'currently-attached'.  Look at the xs-devel list archives for my posts
about this (seems I should've posted to this list instead).

        John