[Xen-API] Memory problem Dom0

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Hector Alejandro Goncalves Pita <hectoragoncalvesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 21:06:23 -0430
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 01:37:05 +0000

Hi everyone, I'm a complete newb using Xen-XCP-XenServer, I'll
describe my setup:

 - Debian Wheezy on a Phenom II X4 machine, 8gb of RAM, installed on a logical
   volume of LVM, Ati Radeon 5770 Graphics.
 - Installed xcp-xapi on that machine.

The first problem I had was the fglrx module not working well with the kernel
provided by xen (blank screen after loading up), I solved it by adding this two
lines in "/etc/default/grub":
 GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="radeon.blacklist=1"
 GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="apparmor=0 nopat"

I went with xcp-xapi solution instead of going straight with XenServer because i
could use the my computer normally like there isn't a type 1 hypervisor
running, but i can't reallocate more memory for my Dom0 host, right now I'm
just using 1GB of my total 8GB, I want a minimum of 4GB if that could be
possible, this is what I already done trying to solve this problem:

 - Added this line in "/etc/default/grub" (Of course I ran update-grub
after that):
      GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN="dom0_mem=4G,max:4G"

 - Edited "/etc/xen/xend-config.sxp" with this values:
      (dom0-min-mem 4096)
      (enable-dom0-ballooning no)
      (total_available_memory 0)

 - Uncommented autoballoon=0 on "/etc/xen/xl.conf"

 - Tried to modify
"/sys/devices/system/xen_memory/xen_memory0/target_kb" with the value
I want but it keeps changing itself to 1297408.

I run out of ideas, what else I can do?

Thanks in advance for your time, have a nice day.