Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-devel] Introducing Open Source XenRT

ChanJu,

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 3:33 AM, ChanJu Park <bestworld@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a question about this XenRT.
Is it possible to use it on Xen ARM?
If not, I wonder there is any plan for this.

Unless something has recently changed, XenRT does not currently work on ARM. But as far as I know, there are no architectural reasons why this could not be made to work. Alex, should be able to elaborate. I would assume that for ARM the challenging part is to provision Xen and Linux onto an ARM environment (I guess it depends on which environment we are talking about). Everything else should in theory be straightforward.

There are no detailed plans for XenRT at this stage: it will be up to the Test Framework Committee to drive the strategy and plans. Given that Calxeda is on Test Framework Committee, I would expect that ARM support will be on the roadmap. Also, Samsung is on the Xen Project Advisory Board, but has not yet nominated a representative for the Test Framework Committee. I will send you a separate e-mail such that you can follow up within Samsung.

Best Regards
Lars