Re: [Xen-API] Storage_interface.Missing_configuration_parameter("path")

Hi,

The traditional XenServer storage manager plugins (ext, lvhd, etc) haven't yet been packaged and included in the xenserver-core set of RPMs. Partly this is because some of them require slightly patched versions of standard system tools like LVM. I believe work is underway to remove these non-standard dependencies and, when this is done, we can create packages.

To cover the gap between now and then, I created a very simple storage plugin called 'ffs' ('flat file storage'). This is designed to be superficially similar to 'ext' but: 'ffs' assumes the filesystem has already been created and mounted, while 'ext' takes over whole disks, formats and mounts them for you.