Re: [Xen-API] How to use iSCSI disk with Xenserver VM

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:57 AM, Bob Ball <bob.ball@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ah - understood.

Thanks.

The iSCSI SR will of course be logged in while the SR is plugged on the host (through the PBD).

You could potentially use a hook script (create files called vm-pre-start and vm-post-destroy in /etc/xapi.d) to create the SR dynamically, but beyond that there isn't currently a way to only have the iSCSI target logged in when the VM is booted.

Hopefully the sr-create will not auto format the luns on every mount :)
Thanks for your help. I'll report back if any success on this.

Bob

From: Rushikesh Jadhav [2rushikeshj@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 14 August 2013 22:22
To: Bob Ball
Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] How to use iSCSI disk with Xenserver VM

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 2:31 AM, Bob Ball <bob.ball@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

You can create an SR using the undocumented and unsupported "iscsi" type and set the device config target and targetIQN values - this will set up a single VDI which is a raw lun.

Thanks Bob but I'm looking for a generic way in which I would be storing the LUN info in VM properties other-config (MRW)  or if possible in VBD other config such that whenever VM tries to boot, the hook will login on iSCSI target and pass the device.  I think this needs be handled by blktap rather than XAPI or SMAPI, what you say ?

Attach that VDI to a guest and it should be what you're looking for?

Trying to automate it.

Thanks,

Bob