From: "Alberto Castrillo" <castrillo@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "xen-api" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:12:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] The vdi is not available

We use NFS as shared storage, and have faced some "VDI not available" issues
with our VMs. I haven't been able to start a VM with the method of that URL in
XCP 1.6 (in 1.1 and 1.5 beta worked). What worked for me:

- Detach the VDI from the VM
- Detach and forget the SR where the VDI is stored
- Reattach the forgotten SR (create new SR, give the same info that the
detached SR, re-use the SR-UUID, ...)
- Reattach the VDI to the VM

El 24/07/2013, a las 21:10, hook escribiÃ:

Past weekend (as usual O_o) we have experienced the issue in our XCP 1.6
production pool.
Shared iSCSI storage was shutted down due to misconfigured UPS settings while
XCP servers continued to work.

When storage was returned to working state and reconnected to pool most VM did
not boot with the same message - VDI is not available.
Googling give me mentioned above method - forgot and reconnect VDI.
Result was even worser - the whole SR become unusable.
Storage rescan gazered lot of errors like bad header on LVM and many other.

Finally i've disconnect failed SR from pool, connect it back and SR become
healthy (it looks so). But anyone VM was not start with disk from this SR and
freeze during startup.
I did not find solution and restored most VMs from backup (long live VMPP!)

So, i just wanna say - be highly careful with VDI on shared storage repository
in production environment)