Re: [Xen-API] GPU passthrough: multiple vGPUs on the same VM

Hi Rob,
Âthanks for the clarification. I googled a little bit and found the "other-config:pci" option but I guess I probably need GPU passthrough, however we'll try that.

Actually we have single NVIDIA K2 card which carries 2 GPUs so they are correctly seen as a gpu-group of 2. We would like to attach the whole card (i.e. 2 PCI devices) to a single VM. The VM OS is Linux (CentOS 6 64bit).

The reason for having both GPUs on the same VM is a little complicated to explain.

We make a software which receives graphic rendering requests from the network and passes them to the available GPUs. We have a simple GPU load-balancer to take advantage of multiple GPUs on the same machine.
When switching from physical machines to virtual machines we can just attach a single GPU to a VM and so we need multiple VMs to be able to use multiple GPUs. This increases complexity and we cannot leverage our load-balancing logic across multiple machines at the moment.

Do you know if there are some serious architectural/technical reasons making this support very difficult to achieve or this is a limitation which could be removed with a limited effort?

Thanks,
Andrea