Re: [Xen-API] OS X DomU Driver Porting

On 27 Jun 2013, at 23:31, Alan Forbes <aforbes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Pasi,
> You may be absolutely correct on that one... but do remember that most Linux
> DomUs are PV, not HVMs.
>
> The windows drivers stand as a good guide or reference for building these
> things, if anyone is up to the challenge..?

It certainly would be a challenge to use the Windows drivers to build a MacOS X
driver.

If you actually want to do it sensibly instead, it's a fairly basic exercise in
device driver construction to follow the Xen HVM protocol to bootstrap
hypercalls in MacOS X, and then use IOKit to adapt the FreeBSD drivers once
rings and event channels work.

-anil