Re: [Xen-API] Announcing new version of "XCP"

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM, Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 25/06/13 18:00, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
>If you're interested in the souce code itself, check
>out the XenServer organisation on Github [3]. As we announced last
>week, the Xapi Toolstack code is not at github.com/xapi-project [4].

                                    ^^^

I guess that should say "now", no?:)

Yes :) So far that's the only typo someone's pointed out to me, so I guess that's a good thing!

Actually, to be a devils advocate, this sounds a bit disturbing to me, as XCP is getting the AXE..... however when we speak of
porting it to the likes of ubuntu and other flavors ala carte kronos, is it itself going to have feature parity with XenServer, and is
that in fact going to have the current features in XCP like HA and the rest, and are said pieces going to remain free.....
what about the things like compiling from sources, and rerolling the XCP ISO with drivers and such?? are we still going to
be able to avail of such pleasures we had with XCP, XAPI, and not loose out on other things in the future?? Consider me
quite on edge that the XCP i know is about to morph into something quite different then what we have had the pleasure to use freely.

Mike