[Xen-API] monitoring hypervisor with Ganglia

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Daniel Pocock <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 10:41:08 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 08:41:32 +0000

Has anybody made a Ganglia module for dom0 monitoring?  I found an sFlow
module exists, but would prefer to have native Ganglia support.

If not, I may be able to put together a very basic one

However, I couldn't see anything under /proc/xen or /sys/hypervisor for
giving me metrics

Is there a generic way to obtain hypervisor metrics on dom0 that will
work from all Xen variations, xl and xe?  This would avoid the need to
make multiple versions of a Ganglia module

Can anybody refer me to any existing C or Python code that gathers
metrics from the hypervisor?  If I can use existing code and just link
it to the Ganglia API (it has a C and Python API) then the final module
will be released under a compatible free license.

Regards,

Daniel