Re: [Xen-API] memory hotplug in guest domain (static-max is not so static)

Well, if we start real world talking, main problem is difference in MemTotal computing.

-xen kernels (2.6.18-xen from cenos 5 and forward-porting up to 3.1-xen in SUSE) displaying MemTotal == xc.domain_info['mem_kb']. All pv_ops kernels (f.e. all 3.x vanilla kernels) are using different way to compute MemTotal and showing it lower, than domain memory.

This is really annoying problem for us (we take money for dynamically changed memory). It really hard to explain to angry customer why he pays for 1.1GiB memory and see only 900MiB in 'free' output...

I still in the problem research, but I think it's too hard to debug and fix (because this is not a 'bug', but different model of operating).

The nex problem is xapi restriction on memory limits and whole squeezed opinion about memory management. I think I'll start small fork to see if this possible to change to less enforced.