[Xen-API] Porting xen-api package on Xen ARM.

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Gihun Jung <gihun.jung@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 22:09:48 +0900
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 29 May 2013 13:10:42 +0000

Hello,

I am very much interested about XenARM project recently.
While I was investigating, I knew that this project is very active right now.
Then I have found that there is less support xen-api for ARM platform.
I do not know how much it has H/W dependent code and some difficulties.
For example, I have researched about H/W dependent code and I have found
xen-api-libs/cpuid/cpuid_stubs.c is written for x86 only. To port xen-api,
it seems ARM platform dependent code should be added.

If I can port xen-api for ARM platform, how many things are changed and ported?
And, how much time will it be cost for porting xen-api on ARM platform?
Therefore, do you have any idea or opinion?

Again, I am very much interested about this project. Preparing  ARM platform is
good idea and challenging for this project.

I appreciate your time reading this mail in advance. Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
Gihun Jung