Re: [Xen-API] github and this mailing list

On 10 May 2013, at 06:28, David Scott <dave.scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Back in the pre-github days we used to send xapi patches to this mailing
> list. We used this for review but it had a secondary effect: the patches
> would occasionally spark interesting discussions. Now that we use github for
> reviews (which I think works very nicely), we may have lost some of the
> discussion. People still talk on the pull requests, but perhaps this is a bit
> difficult to passively monitor.
>
> Should we look into ways of echoing some github activity to this list?
> Perhaps the creation of new pull requests? Would that be useful or just
> confusing?

I'd suggest a weekly digest of pull requests, with links to the individual
issues for people to follow up on if interested.  It should be easy to generate
these from the latest OCaml/Github bindings (which I'll release today once
David Sheets is done with his last feature push).

-anil