Re: [Xen-API] list of kernels at booting debian squeeze guests

Hi Aleksey,

I've Debian Squeeze domU (PV mode, XCP1.6).
Why I don't see menu of grub with list of kernels which I can boot my
guest?

when running pv mode, there is no bios, and no grub. The kernel that is to be booted is picked up by pygrub on dom0. The one that is picked is the one by default. I don't know if you can change that logic in a PV domU.

If you definitly want to see your list of installed kernels, then I think you have to go HVM. Otherwise you can changed the default kernel option in the grub.cfg file to point to you prefered kernel before boot using xe-edit-bootloader script from dom0.

Cheers,

Denis

Thank in advance.

Denis Cardon