Re: [Xen-API] Bug (and fix?) for scripts/setup-vif-rules

  • To: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 13:36:01 +0100
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 04 May 2013 12:36:21 +0000

Hi George,

About an updated xapi.rpm -- that's an interesting idea. Mike: what do you think?

My personal opinion is that we would benefit from converging XCP and XenServer more, so that updates to XenServer contain useful updates to XCP too. I think the main thing to do is to split the packages into two repositories: one containing XCP (ie the majority of the packages) and a second non-free repo which contains one or two binaries (things like 3rd party storage array control tools) which would be in XenServer but not installed by default on XCP (although it would probably be possible to install them anyway,a bit like the situation with non-free graphics drivers on Ubuntu)

What do you think?

Cheers,

--
Dave Scott