[Xen-API] XCP 1.6 - iSCSI root, does it work?

So I have intel cards that support iBFT.  I have all the settings in the card and I have installed XCP 1.6 by doing the following,

at boot off ISO, typing shell

then running

/opt/xensource/installer/init --use_ibft

This finds my iscsi device fine, installs XCP onto the iscsi device fine (I have mounted it on another machine to verify).

On reboot after install the machine boots up fine, mounts the filesystem/starts daemons,etc.

At that point it gets to

"Performing remaining startup actions:"

and it hangs.  After a while I get
"task XXXX blocked for more than 120 seconds" this is kjournald, flush, etc.  So it looks like it LOST the filesystem.  I can additionally verify that the IP address that WAS on the ethernet port for the iscsi boot to work is now gone.  I can arp -d 1.1.1.1 off my SAN box and the arp never returns until reboot.  Once rebooted, it does it all over again.

What am I missing here?  The install went fine, the boot mounts the directories and starts XAPI/etc fine (I can tell by running in fallback mode).  I see no DHCP requests on the port or anything.  It just drops the IP for some reason.

Anyone else have this issue?