[Xen-API] recover deleted snapshots

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Stephen Horvath <stephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 12:05:03 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:06:13 +0000

Hi,
I have a rather serious problem.
I am running xen xcp 1.6
Last night I deleted a number of vdi's labeled as snaphots from my SR (Local storage - Hardware HBA)
They where not attached to any VM
My vm with an attached VDI of 2TB which was running is now showing a an invalid partition table and it appears all my data has been lost.
I have detached the 2TB from my VM and tried to access via kpartx with the same invalid partition error.

Is there a way to recover the deleted snapshots or somehow recover this partition?

Any help is appreciated

Kind regards