Re: [Xen-API] [Xen-devel] [Proposal] Additional mailing lists for specific purposes

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM, samir benkhellat
<benkhellat_samir@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I also want to know why we can't create/use a forum: It'll  be more
> organized, easier to seach, more categorized and more user frendly for new
> comers
>
> So what do you think?

Just for the record, *development* really cannot happen on a forum.
Patches need to be send and reviewed, and e-mail is a great textual
lowest common denominator for which there are dozens of tools to
interface with.  Any web interface will necessarily be less functional
and flexible than e-mail + all programs that interface with e-mail.

For users, it might make sense to have a forum -- I don't really know.
 My personal experience is that forums are hard to scan through, and
that Google does a great job of turning up useful mailing list posts.
But maybe that's just me being a crotchety old "get of my lawn!"
developer. :-)

 -George